[Sca-cooks] mise-en-place

aeduin aeduin at verizon.net
Thu Aug 26 12:10:32 PDT 2004

At 12:00 PM 8/26/2004, you wrote:
<much snippage>

>For those of you who are familiar with the whole concept, advice on
>applying that sort of thing to SCA feast kitchens-- and advice on
>organizing your feast kitchen-- is what I'm looking to hear.
>
>--
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
>"If the injustice ... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the
>agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a
>counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at
>any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong, which I condemn."
>-- Thoreau, "Resistance to Civil Government"

When I helped with Black Oak Lodge back in March one of the first things we
did after loading the walk-in and freezer was arrange every thing.  Since
this was five meals-Friday soup kitchen, three on Sat and Sunday breakfast
there was quite a bit of food.  We separated things both by type--meat,
fish, dairy, veggies etc., then by meal.

aeduin