[Sca-cooks] Siamese coffee

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Aug 28 14:01:54 PDT 2004

>Also sprach morgana.abbey at juno.com:
>>OK, so I spent a fair amont of time at Inner Vagabond this Pennsic.
>>Now I need to find a recipe for Siamese (or Thai, if you prefer)
>>coffee.
>>
>>So far the only recipe I've found is sub-par.  I may have to dig up
>>the chai recipe I like and alter it.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>Morgana
>
>Am I to assume this is the recipe you've found so far? If not, you
>now have a new one ;-).
>
>http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2364.html
>
>Adamantius

Also this one...

http://beverage.allrecipes.com/az/ThiCff.asp

So what's the big deal about this, if I may ask (in no disprespectful
tone either to Morgana or regarding Thai coffee)? It looks to me a
bit like a mochaccino made with Turkish or Indian coffee. Am I
missing something?

So far the major differences in the recipes I've seen so far suggest
differences in spicing and in the use of cream or condensed milk, and
then of course there'll be variations in the coffee itself, both in
variety, roast style, and method of brewing.

Adamantius, who drinks far too much rather ordinary iced coffee with milk...
Holt, 07/29/04