[Sca-cooks] Chef::: was ::: good brands of vinegar

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Aug 31 09:50:02 PDT 2004

> 1) a Sous-chef runs the daily workings of a commercial kitchen , yes? While 'the CHEF' makes the menus and tells the staff how to prepare a dish... am I right in thinking this?

Um. I'm not sure. That wasn't my impression, though. I know sous-chef
literally means 'assistant chef', but after reading Kitchen Confidential
and talking to Christopher I'm really more muddled about it than I was
when I started reading about it.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If you have no faith in yourself, then have faith in the things
you call truth.  You know what must be done.  You may not have courage
or trust or understanding or the will to do it, but you know what must
be done.  You can't turn back.  There is no answer behind you.  You
fear what you cannot name.  So look at it and find a name for it.
Turn your face forward and learn.  Do what must be done." - McKillip