[Sca-cooks] SEARCHing the Florilegium

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 3 11:01:50 PST 2004

Stefan wrote:
>Kai commented:
>  > Saint Phlip answered to me:
>  > > Search engine is on the main page, top right, marked as "SEARCH"
>  >
>  > Well strike me deaf cos I'm blind already. Thanx. I never, _never_ ever
>  > thought of looking there, just believed the link was somewhere in
>  > hiding, or the site was written with or for some strange hermetic
>  > program...
>
>Er, no. The problem lies more with the site if you aren't finding it
>easily. That placement was in fact selected by my webhost when he
>developed the search link for the site. I just haven't gotten around to
>moving it somewhere else.
>
>Where would it have been more obvious? Should the text be changed to
>something else or additional text added? I have considered adding it to
>the top of the left-hand index where are the sections are added. Or
>possibly on each index page where the individual files are listed.

While i know where that SEARCH function is from years of use :-) i
think it would be more convenient in the same frame as the directory
- the links to various parts of the Florilegium. That way it is
always accessible and one can get back to where one was from the
search, if one desires, without going through mouse-and-browser_menu
contortions.

Having the SEARCH only on the first page of the body frame means
having to backtrack and losing one's place in order to find it.

Anahita