[Sca-cooks] pregnancy and infants in the SCA

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 4 00:09:14 PST 2004

Brangwayna mentioned:
> As some of you know, I've recently been diagnosed with gestational
> diabetes.
Congratulations! Well, on the pregnancy, not the gestational diabetes.
:-)

> Whether the food is
> period or not doesn't matter, as we aren't planning on attending any
> events before the baby is born.
I don't know whether this is your first pregnancy or not, and you may
have things covered already, but I thought I might mention a few
Florilegium files that might be of interest or use.
These are in the CHILDREN section:
babies-msg       (103K)  2/ 2/01    Camping with babies.
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby
gifts.
baby-slings-msg    (9K)  2/ 2/01    Cloth slings for carrying your baby.
p-cradles-msg      (5K)  9/ 7/01    Period baby cradles.
teething-toys-msg (22K)  1/ 5/01    Period and SCA teething toys for
infants.

I know you mentioned not attending an SCA event while pregnant, but
perhaps someone else here might find this one useful:
pregnancy-msg      (9K)  9/ 3/99    Pregnancy in period. Handling it in
the SCA.

This is in the CLOTHING section:
clothing-MN-msg   (62K)  9/14/99    Maternity and nursing garb.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com