[Sca-cooks] pregnancy and infants in the SCA

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 05:14:06 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/4/2004 3:10:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com writes:

<<I know you mentioned not attending an SCA event while pregnant,>>

Oh, I've been to quite a few events while pregnant, including 2 weeks plus of
Pennsic (both my husband and I were on staff this year, so arrived Thursday
before Land Grab).  Twelfth century garb is wonderful for this; it's either
loose through the torso or has laces that can be loosened :-)  Heck, I helped
cook Metalsmiths Symposium 3 at 7 months pregnant.

It's since I've been diagnosed with the diabetes that we're not going to any
events, and that's not due to the diabetes; there simply weren't really too
many events we were interested in going to except for the cook's collegium in
Caer Adamant (Delaware), but that's probably out since I'll be withn a week of
my due date by then and I rather doubt I'm going to want to be driving several
hours away from home at that point.

Brangwayna