[Sca-cooks] stollen

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 22:19:07 PST 2004

Bear commented:
> I have also prepared barley bread, an Italian almond bread, rosemary
> bread, Finnish cardomom bread, some odd malt
> loaves, panettone, stollen, oatmeal raisin, honey wheat and so on.
I finally got to taste some stollen at this past weekend's Bryn Gwlad
Yule Revel.  Very yummy. I had 1 1/2 pieces and probably would have had
more if I wasn't trying to watch my carb intake. I liked the fruits and
nuts and such in it, but it had plenty of bread, so the fruits and nuts
didn't overwhelm the bread. This recipe also had a core of almond
paste. I don't remember how common that is or whether stollen is period
or not, from our earlier discussions. But perhaps I will try to make
some stollen.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas