[Sca-cooks] Holiday greetings was pants and stuff

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Dec 8 06:16:44 PST 2004

I made a mistake in opening the mail this am and started
to go through some digests to find all sorts of posts about
Master A wearing or not wearing pants, 10 inch Dicks,
suggestions about boners all interspersed with holiday cookie
recipes and messages from Stefan pointing out where information
can be found in the Florilegium. And then Vincenzo has to query
about great kilts.... well it obvious this is why we are all better kept
locked
away in our kitchens and not let out in polite company.
So who has started in on the spiked eggnog early? Or is it just
the holidays getting to everyone?
Given the fact that all the other mail is either winning the lottery,
 money in Nigeria or  store ads, it's just as well.

Speaking of cookie recipes-- The new King Arthur Cookie Cookbook
looks great for traditional ones. Maybe after the holidays I'll even
have time
to make some.

Happy Chanukah/Hanukah everyone.

Johnnae
(back to reformatting these handouts for 3 hours of classes on Saturday.)

I gather that Master Adamantius' statement about wearing
pants was in the context of an explanation that his
persona is British not Roman.  IOW ... wear pants instead
of wear a Roman toga, a greek chiton, or ... .

If a statement about wearing pants elicits this response,
what be the reaction to seeing someone in a Feileadh Mor
(Great Kilt) or in Italian Renaissance hose?

Vincenzo