[Sca-cooks] Russian Baklava

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 9 20:48:23 PST 2004

Radei Drchevich commented:
> There is a Russian form of Baklava, call Paklava that may fit that
> discription.  honey is flavored wih cardemom.
Are you speaking of a modern dish? Or one that was made before 1600?
I'd be interested in more info, even if you are speaking of a modern
dish. We have discussed the possibility of period baklava before and
it's possible source, but so far the recipes and descriptions we have
are only similar to modern baklava.

You can find some of the info on these early baklava-like dishes in
this file:
baklava-msg       (52K)  2/12/04    Period baklava-like layered
pastries.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/baklava-msg.html

Stefan
--------