[Sca-cooks] eels and blancmange

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 13 15:05:15 PST 2004

Nick Sasso mentioned:
>   I may go further one day . . . in the mean time, there is all that
> eel
> to figure out . . .
When you do, please let us know. I have this one small file, but I'd
love to see more:
eels-msg          (26K) 10/11/04    Eel dishes. Getting and cleaning
eels.
I've had eel from a can, but not any other way. Has anyone made any of
the medieval eel dishes? Ever done it for a feast? If so, how well did
it go over? Where did you get the eel? An asian grocery?
> and the myriad BlancMange.
For as much as I've seen this dish mentioned, I don't think I've ever
had it at an SCA feast. More on this dish would be interesting as well.
blancmange-msg    (17K)  9/ 7/04    A medieval rice dish composed
principally of
                                        rice, almond milk and chicken.
>  Every step on the
> journey can lead to enrichment and growth, whatever that step is.
>
> (PS only one site has had a four deck Blodgett bakery oven . . .
> opulent to say the least)
How is this different from a home oven? Is it just that this is
actually several ovens? Or are these just big, like pizza ovens?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com