[Sca-cooks] Boar vs. Pig

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 16 09:36:29 PST 2004

Greetings!

I need some educational input. I was talking about slow roasting wild
boar shanks with an orange & port glaze for part of my Christmas dinner,
when a friend asked what the difference was between boar and the wild
pigs they are shooting with abandon down in his area of South Georgia.

Well, I don't have a clue.

So, without reference to social behavior, can someone tell me what the
difference is between pigs, wild pigs, and boars?

Aoghann
(who of course would also be interested in references to period
preparation of said meats)