[Sca-cooks] Menus

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Dec 5 05:58:39 PST 2004

>  I for the simple understanding need a little information. How large are
> the menus on average in your area of the SCA. Not cost or number of people
> simply dishes per remove.

Generally, 4-5 dishes per course (I have to admit the word course grates
on my sensibilities-- sounds like there's going to be an exam as the
entremets, doesn't it?), though if you have fewer courses (say 2), more
dishes per course are often served. Bread, sauces and butter don't
count, of course. :)

Most feasts I've had are 3-4 courses, and I generally think of it as:
starters, 3 courses, dessert table (which strictly speaking would be 5
courses, I guess..

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling