[Sca-cooks]

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 6 13:40:08 PST 2004

> > Venison. Someone from period writes that you use porpoise on fast days
> > to replace venison... so the reverse would also be true, I expect.

Gah, now I can't find the reference and I'm not going to have time to
search for it tonight. Anyway, remember that frumenty is a traditional
accompaniment to both venison and porpoise, and the cookbooks write it
as being as strong a connection as our modern dressing/filling with
turkey.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling