[Sca-cooks] Knish

R J chaingangorg at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 16:21:57 PST 2004

Knishes are kinda Kosher Cornish Pasties, in a warped
sense. ( pronounce the K )
 I find the round ones are usually baked with an egg
wash, and the squares are deep fried.
 There is a long one locally that is sliced to order,
as well.
 Meat knishes are something worth gaining weight for,
they are the trim from corned beef and pastrami.
 There is a reasonably good recipe in the book "Rolled
Wrapped and Stuffed" ( Hazen, Janet: Rolled, Wrapped
and Stuffed : Great Appetizers from Around the World
(Addison-Wesley Longman, Incorporated 1991).

 To make one properly, just remember to use low fat
nothing, and add extra margerine or chicken fat at
every opportunity =p

 They are also now available in many grocery freezers,
even in the hinterlands. I got them in a WalMart in
Gallup NM once.

 Hungry now,
AEsa.

--- "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"