: [Sca-cooks] Cookie Recipe(s) for December 10

R J chaingangorg at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 06:46:35 PST 2004

These are my Mom's cookies. She makes so many
wonderful kinds, being locally beloved for her
chocolate chip as well, that I was torn as to what to
post.
 I chose these because they are a little unusual, and
more festive in appearance.

 Please enjoy em, Marilyn ( my mom ) is pretty cool,
and loves hearing back from people who enjoy her
recipes.

AEsa/RJ

Oatmeal Craisin(registered, etc ) Cookies

1/2 pound butter (2 sticks) or 1 stick each butter and
margarine

 Note: use only unsalted butter and unsalted margarine

12 ounces dark brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all purpose flour

3 cups old fashioned oatmeal

1 cup dried cranberries (Craisins)

All ingredients should be at room temperature.

Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs and
vanilla extract and beat in.

Combine flour, cinnamon, and baking powder and mix in.
Add oatmeal and craisins. Batter will be stiff.

Use a tablespoon or the second from smallest ice cream
scoop to make balls the size of golf balls. Place on a
parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 or 1 and 1/2
inches apart. Bake at 350° for 11 to 12 minutes. Cool
on the cookie sheet until cool enough to touch and
transfer to a rack to continue cooling.

This makes a soft cookie. If you want a harder cookie
reduce the brown sugar to 6 ounces and add 1 cup of
white sugar. Also flatten the cookies on the cookie
sheet.

 Marilyn