[Sca-cooks] Hard Liquor ingredients

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 19:57:25 PST 2004

--- Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> Of course you can- and the BATF can lock you up and throw away the key,
> after fining you for everything you own and hoped to own, for the rest of
> your life. If, that is, if you're anywhere in the US.

Aha....the ATF.... hadn't thought about them.

> Aside from the fact you just blatted out that information on a public Liost,
> with several hundred members, many of whom are lurkers, and we have no clue
> as to who they are? Obviously, a well-kept secret.

You don't actually think that a squad of jack-booted ATF thugs are going to bust down my apartment
door, guns blazing, because I've said I have an ice-cube tray full of distilling mead or wine in
my freezer, do you??  I mean, I've heard that there were full-blown paranoids out there, but give
me a break.  Can anyone produce any news reports or other references that prove that the ATF has
ever done something like that??  If so, maybe I'll take my beer out of the freezer....until then,
I'm not even going to justify this 'threat' with anything more than cynical disbelief.

> Do whatever you like, but please don't expect any of us to encourage you.
> Several of us are interested in the topic, and are working towards
> legalizing distillation of alcoholic beverages in small quantities,
> similarly to the quantities for home brewing,

Good luck to you, of course..... On the one hand, I certainly hope that you are able to convince
the massive U.S. government to let you distill a few ounces of liquor in your home freezer.... on
the other hand, I'm really hoping that our government has much, much more important things to
worry about.... like tracking down real criminals.

Heck, my Sourdough Starter has alcohol sitting on top of it as I type this.... maybe I should
apply for some kind of permit??

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.