[Sca-cooks] Hard Liquor ingredients

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 10 20:02:28 PST 2004

--- Phlip <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:

> This whole issue about spreading misinformation about the legality of
> distillation in the SCA really touches a raw nerve. I can easily envision
> a naive Scadian having his or her life destroyed, all because that person
> chose to trust someone who says "Distilling is legal so long as you don't
> sell it."

You've *got* to be kidding me.....

There is a WIDE WORLD of difference between some yokel running a friggin' *still* in his garage,
and a guy who uses a home freezer to get a little extra 'oomph' into his mead, which is what
started this rediculous foray into reactionary clap-trap.

Yeah...if you set up a functioning still, then you get what you deserve.  You take your chances.
However, I find it impossible to believe that, if for some unforseen reason, the ATF found cause
to enter my apartment, and found a tray full of distilled liquor in my ice box, they'd probably
not even know what it was.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.