[Sca-cooks] Wyoming....WAS Re Holiday Potlucks

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Sun Dec 12 05:25:04 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <Bronwynmgn at aol.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Wyoming....WAS Re Holiday Potlucks

> No, the issue Laurensa is talking about is that if the word "snow" appears
> in
> the forecast, even if it is followed by the word "flurries", people here
> in
> South Central PA make the automatic assumption that everything in town is
> going
> to be shut down for at least the next three or four days, nobody will be
> able
> to get to a shopping center, and the trucks that deliver the food to the
> shopping center won't get through either.

Bingo!! lol

I love living here, really I do, but I'm from a small town in Michigan, and
I know that, even if you get ten inches of snow in one night, chances are
very very good that the stores will be able to open, and the trucks will get
through. When living on a narrow dirt road, outside of a very small town
(and South Lyon MI was TEENY thirty years ago), I can remember being snowed
in for more than one day exactly twice.
Hurricanes, on the other hand, I'm learning to "appreciate", if that's the
right word. We had a neighbor's 55 foot blue spruce land in our yard,
missing our roof by literally INCHES. And when I hear "tornado warning", I
run for the basement.

Laurensa