[Sca-cooks] Wyoming....WAS Re Holiday Potlucks

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 12 21:42:41 PST 2004

  Brangwayna commented:
> Mind you, these are the same people who will happily go out and drive
> around at full speed in their SUVs during an ice storm, because "I've
> got
> 4-wheel drive!".
Yes, that is a common occurrence here in Austin. It also becomes
apparent that many of them seem to forget, or never understood, that
while that 4-wheel drive can help you get going, it really doesn't do
much to help you stop. Here our roads are usually covered with ice or
sleet rather than snow. Or when we get snow, it usually quickly turns
to ice.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas