[Sca-cooks] Holiday Recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 12 23:43:06 PST 2004

    'Queen Carmen Slugana' commented:
> At 09:18 PM 12/12/2004, you wrote:
> > Eeeeuuuuuuwwwww! You actually *eat* those things? <<huge involuntary
> > shudder>>
> > Must be one of those sissy French customs, liking eating snails....
> > --mair, uh, Caointiarn, yeah that's who I am.....
> >
> > Laura C. Minnick wrote:
> >> If you really don't want the Circus Peanut candy, send it to me. I
> >> get a
> >> terrible craving for them every few months, and... well, they're
> >> orange...
> Hey, once in a great while they aren't so bad. Gotta get fresh ones
> though-
> if they're old and stale they're as tasty as packing peanuts, and they
> get
> tough. They should have a texture like a truffle, or a nice noughat.
Are you talking about the snails or the Circus Peanut candy?

Oh, and the snails are at least period:
snails-msg        (13K)  8/30/00    Eating of snails in period. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/snails-msg.html
> When I was the reigning Slug Queen, when we did the big April Fools'
> fundraising shindig, a couple of the Old Queens brought me a huge sack
> of
> Circus Peanuts. By the time the cops showed up (yes, it happened), I
> was
> half-crazed with sugar. But since I spent most of the day perched on
> the
> lid of a pink, blue, and green toilet, the difference was not
> necessarily apparent. ;-D)
They do make medicine these days to help avoid this.:-) Of course
prunes are period.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas