[Sca-cooks] Holiday Recipes

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Dec 12 23:57:48 PST 2004

At 11:43 PM 12/12/2004, you wrote:
>    'Queen Carmen Slugana' commented:
>>
>>Hey, once in a great while they aren't so bad. Gotta get fresh ones though-
>>if they're old and stale they're as tasty as packing peanuts, and they get
>>tough. They should have a texture like a truffle, or a nice noughat.
>Are you talking about the snails or the Circus Peanut candy?

The candy. Snail tend to be chewier. ;-)

>Oh, and the snails are at least period:
>snails-msg        (13K)  8/30/00    Eating of snails in period. Recipes.
>http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/snails-msg.html

Snails are a vehicle for God's Perfect Food- Garlic Butter!!!

>>When I was the reigning Slug Queen, when we did the big April Fools'
>>fundraising shindig, a couple of the Old Queens brought me a huge sack of
>>Circus Peanuts. By the time the cops showed up (yes, it happened), I was
>>half-crazed with sugar. But since I spent most of the day perched on the
>>lid of a pink, blue, and green toilet, the difference was not
>>necessarily apparent. ;-D)
>They do make medicine these days to help avoid this.:-) Of course prunes
>are period.

*WE* are not amused :-|

In my own defense, it was sitting on top of a pallet which had wheels on
it- not hooked up. The Royal Throne went to several events- I don't know
where it ended up- I think at Don Kahle's place (he's the Big Kahuna at the
_Comic News). But is was a fun prop. #1 Daughter and I decorated it with
fringe and ribbons and glitter. It was magnificent. (But of course I can't
document it, unlike Some People on this list ;-)

And yes, prunes are period- but I hate to imagine a prune would do to a slug!

'Lainie