[Sca-cooks] Frittering Laurels (was Hard Liquor ingredients)

Aurelia Rufinia aureliarufinia at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 12:20:37 PST 2004

::chuckles::

I did them in batches of eight (number of people per
table) and sent 'em out right away.  I did eat one of
the leftovers myself about half an hour later, and it
wasn't bad... but I have no idea if they'd be better
fresh.

Aurelia

--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Aurelia Rufinia wrote:
>
> >It's in Platina.  Take a (fresh) bay leaf, fry it,
> >dunk it in batter (flour, sugar, eggs, saffron,
> >cinnamon I think) and fry again.
> >
> >It's supposed to be good for curing flatulence and
> >made them for my feast a couple weeks ago.  THey
> went
> >over a lot better than expected.
> >
> >Aurelia
> >

> OK....I have to ask...as this would be a wonderful
> thing to use for a
> Laurel vigil or reception...do they taste ok if
> served cold?
>
> Kiri

=====
Baroness Aurelia Rufinia
House Iron Maiden, Barony of Carolingia,
East Kingdom, Northshield Ex-Pat

"Caviar and grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone!"