[Sca-cooks] Frittering Laurels (was Hard Liquor ingredients)

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 14:26:43 PST 2004

Glad to hear it was bay leaves.  I had visions of my dear Mistress, covered in batter!

Samrah

Aurelia Rufinia <aureliarufinia at yahoo.com> wrote:
It's in Platina. Take a (fresh) bay leaf, fry it,
dunk it in batter (flour, sugar, eggs, saffron,
cinnamon I think) and fry again.

It's supposed to be good for curing flatulence and I
made them for my feast a couple weeks ago. THey went
over a lot better than expected.

Aurelia

--- Samrah wrote:

> Aurelia, how does one fritter a Laurel?
>
> Samrah
>

> wrote:
>
> [huge snip]
>
> Aurelia, by night an SCA cook who fritters laurels,

=====
Baroness Aurelia Rufinia
House Iron Maiden, Barony of Carolingia,
East Kingdom, Northshield Ex-Pat

"Caviar and grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone!"