[Sca-cooks] Hard Liquor ingredients

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Thu Dec 16 06:31:19 PST 2004

Hello William,

It is a good idea to go to the source (as I have repeatedly done).

But I must object a couple of your questions.

The first question is a gross mistatement of what was said...

It was pointed out, several times, on this list, in this conversation, that the mere act of freezing an alcoholic beverage is not, in itself, illegal.  So you are intentionally asking a question that you should know the answer to already, and which the BATF FAQ site you have been referred to has answered already, is no.

What is illegal is the removal of the unfrozen alcohol from the frozen beverage. That is considered distillation according to the BATF.
As this nuance has also clearly been stated here, in this conversation, and is also clearly stated in the BATF FAQ, to which you have already been referred, I do not see why you are asking question two, either.

Of these questions, the only one that seems pertinent, is question 3.

I hope that you will reframe your question appropriately, so that you are not begging the answers you want.

Capt Elias
-Renaissance Geek of the Seven Seas

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders.  Instead, teach them
to yearn for the vast and endless sea.
  - Antoine de Saint Exupery