[Sca-cooks] Diego Granado translation

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 19 00:46:30 PST 2004

  Lady Brighid ni Chiarain replied to me with:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > A number of Lady Brighid's redactions, often with the original
> recipe,
> > can be found in the Florilegium. I would check particularly the
> > fd-Spain-msg file. But unfortuately, there is not a copy of the
> > original translated work there. Hint. hint, Lady Brighid. :-)
>
> What, pray tell, are you hinting at?
Oh! I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I was thinking that if you had done a
translation of this Diego Granado manuscript or even pieces of it, it
would be lovely to get it online also and that I would love to have it
in the Florilegium. I'm honored to have your "Libre del Coch"
translation there. "Hint, hint" because I can hardly make a demand
since yours is a volunteer effort and you've done so much already.
> Granado contains over 700 recipes,
> IIRC, most of which are plagiarized from Scappi.  I have not translated
> the whole ting, nor am I likely to in this lifetime.  I *am* trying to
> gather my various translations and redactions on my website, but it's
> slow going.
I thought the "Libre del Coch" had a lot of recipes, but it isn't as
high as 700. Still, I have no problem putting up sections or recipes as
they are done. This allows them to be used while waiting until you have
time to complete more of them. This is one of the advantages of online
publication compared to waiting until you have a book's worth.

One of the projects on my list, since your manuscript translation of
"Libre del Coch" is just that, a translation with no redactions, is to
gather together yours and others' redactions as a companion file to
your translation work. If there is someone here who would like to take
this on, please contact me.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas