[Sca-cooks] Diego Granado translation

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 19 08:40:44 PST 2004

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Oh! I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I was thinking that if you had done a
> translation of this Diego Granado manuscript or even pieces of it, it
> would be lovely to get it online also and that I would love to have it
> in the Florilegium. I'm honored to have your "Libre del Coch"
> translation there. "Hint, hint" because I can hardly make a demand
> since yours is a volunteer effort and you've done so much already.

Neither demands nor pleas nor bribery will avail you, since I don't have
the whole translation.  Nor am I attempting it -- I've only translated
on a piecemeal basis, when something struck my eye, or someone requested
a particular kind of recipe.  I think all of the translations are in the
Florilegium and/or the SCA-Cooks archives.  I'm sure I will continue to
translate recipes from Granado, but not in any systematic way.

> I thought the "Libre del Coch" had a lot of recipes, but it isn't as
> high as 700.

Two hundred forty-something (I'm too lazy to check the exact number).  I
think that's about middling size for cookbooks of the era.

> Still, I have no problem putting up sections or recipes as they are
> done. This allows them to be used while waiting until you have time to
> complete more of them. This is one of the advantages of online
> publication compared to waiting until you have a book's worth.

See above.

--
Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom