[Sca-cooks] Baileys, was Frittering Laurels

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 19 17:58:21 PST 2004

--- Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> When not drinking Baileys, I have used Baileys
> as a salad dressing for a mixed fresh fruit
> salad.  It adds a nummy favor to the salad and
> keeps the fresh fruit from turning brown.
>
> Huette

Ooohhh...sounds good.  Thanks for the idea :)

And, of course, everyone is familiar with the Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake, right??

Here's one you may not be familiar with, though... it's my own concoction from my days as a Food
and Beverage Director.... It's 3/4 pint of Guinness, 1/2 shot (1/4 oz) of Chambord or Apricot
Liquer, 2 oz of Cream layered on top, and a float of Bailey's Irish Cream on top of that (the last
two may have been reversed....it's been awhile).  I called it a Creme Brulee, and it was a huge
hit in a number of places I introduced it to.

Bailey's Ice Cream with chocolate chips and shaved chocolate is alo a wonderful treat, and makes a
grand float when plopped into Cream Soda or Root Beer.

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.