[Sca-cooks] food safe temperature

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon Dec 20 13:48:13 PST 2004

Depends on whether  you buy the ones with rubber  rings or with the rubber
attached to the lids. (Rubber plastic same thing in this case) The lid type
I personally don`t trust to use a second time. Canning process might leave a
crease in the rubber. But the rings go into a pot of boiling water to be
reused until they no longer flex before throwing them out.
 But I have never used a canning bottle to put ice into a pot. I expect they
might have a tendency to explode. I use plastic soda bottles or ice cubes
around the sides.
 Da
 Who regularly gets can on cordials, or is that cordially canned regularly