[Sca-cooks] Was food safe temperature. now food safe jars/bottles

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Dec 20 20:38:34 PST 2004

> My husband makes mead and always uses the 2 liter soda bottles...says
> that they have tight-fitting caps and can handle minor pressure.  He
> always sterilizes the insides with a solution of campden tablets, along
> with the caps.  I do the same thing when I need to transport anything
> from broth to salad dressings to sauces.  We've never had any problem!

Bear in mind that campden tablets leave behind a residue of sulfites.
Sulfite allergies suck, apparently I have one, and half an hour after
consuming something in which campden tablets were involved, I have a
screaming hangover.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_