[Sca-cooks] food safe temperature

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 00:06:46 PST 2004

--- "Martin G. Diehl" <mdiehl at nac.net> wrote:

> > > Tasty -- not quite right.
> >
> > Seems it would be just as tasty as a plastic paddle,
> > doesn't it??  :)
>
> I was speaking of the risk of adding an unexpected taste.
> ... also why plastic bottles should not be reused for
> cordials.

I may be misunderstanding you, but I don't see how a plastic bottle filled with ice could give a
food any more of an unwanted taste than a plastic paddle filled with frozen liquid.  The food is
not actually going inside the bottle.    Are you referring to the outside of the bottle?  If so,
it's made of food grade plastic, as well (Low Density Polyethelyne, if I'm not mistaken), the same
plastic as the inside I believe (aren't they extrusion molded??).

Regardless, I have used them for years, and have never had any problems with leakage, off flavors,
melting, warping or toxic poisoning of any kind (at least, not as far as I know...)

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.