[Sca-cooks] Anchovy-Potatoes

Mark S. Harris MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 29 21:38:10 PST 2004

Phlip asked:
> > Thank you. I will now consider these variations. I didn't cook this
> on
> > the 25th like I'd planned. Just cooked a green chili stew. I did post
> > on this, but if it doesn't appear I will post it again and add the
> > recipe. Then I was going to cook it onthe 26th but that didn't
> happen.
> > So I will cook this again later. The cream won't keep though, so I'll
> > have to buy more.
>
> Stefan, how long have you had the cream?
Since the 24th.
> Cream doesn't go bad anywhere near
> as quickly as milk does. It will keep in our VERY cld fridge for
> almost a
> month, and you can generally figure on it keeping a week or two.
Oh! Okay, I'll keep an eye on it. I did open it yesterday to put a few
spoonfuls into an Indian meat stew dish, so that will start it
degrading a bit earlier than otherwise. If I'd been thinking about it,
I would have cooked the anchovy potato dish when my wife said we were
going to her mother's for dinner. She was cooking prime rib roast and
the potato/onion/anchovy dish probably would have gone well with that.
I may cook this dish this weekend, but I'll probably be the only one
eating it.

Baroness Clarissa cancelled one New Year's Eve party we usually go to
this year and Alice decided to work New Year's Eve, anyway. Otherwise I
might have cooked this dish for that event.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com