[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Peppers and Mangoes

Etain1263 at aol.com Etain1263 at aol.com
Thu Dec 30 13:03:29 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/30/2004 3:03:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
adamantius.magister at verizon.net writes:

> Green Pepper Mangoes, AFAIK, are usually stuffed with raw vegetables
> (shredded cabbage, onion, carrot etc.) before pickling, and are very
> different from the stuffed peppers you mention.

I grew up in a "mango" household and did not hear the term "green" or "bell"
pepper until college!  Mom stuffed them with ground beef and bread cubes (she
rarely used rice in anything) and covered them with tomato sauce before
baking.  The small hot peppers were stuffed with the cabbage, onion, etc. and
pickled.  All of this was grown in the back yard (with the exception of the ground
beef..which might have been venison....)

Etain