[Sca-cooks] period apple commerce

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at jeffnet.org
Sun Feb 1 01:57:48 PST 2004

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

> There's quite a few mentions in various places that French wines from
> Bordeaux began importing to England in a big way when Henry and
> Eleanor took the throne- it all being under management, so to speak.
> And apparently continued so until Gascony slipped from English control.
>
> Hmm. A nice glass of Bordeaux would be really nice right now. If there
> were a tall Gascon to serve it, it would be even better!

Except in England, it's not called Bordeaux. They call it claret or clarey.

Personally, I think you'd prefer a nice Sauternes rather than a
Bordeaux, unless it's a Bordeaux Blanc.

--
Edouard, Sire de Bruyerecourt
bruyere at jeffnet.org
"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
- Plato (427-347 B.C.)