[Sca-cooks] P: sweet white wine for cooking

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Feb 13 10:37:57 PST 2004

The recipe for Figs in the French style, from De Nola, calls for sweet
white wine. I've been using Muscat? Muscatel? what my friend Sarah calls
"wino wine" but I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to get it cheaply,
even at the discount store in NJ. Are there other sweet white wines that
are comparable to a sweet white wine in period?

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"But he's a human being and terrible things happen to him so attention
must be paid.... Attention, attention must finally be paid to such a
person."  -- Arthur Miller, _Death of a Salesman_