[Sca-cooks] Standing crust

Robert Downie rdownie at mb.sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 16 16:54:37 PST 2004

Daniel Myers wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Here's a pic of my second try at a standing crust.
>
>         http://www.medievalcookery.com/images/crust.jpg
>
> It's close to what I want, but I need to make it larger and have the
> walls be taller to better support the decoration.  I used a different
> recipe for my first try and it was a total mess - couldn't support its
> own weight, lumpy, and too soft to hold its shape.
>
> - Doc

It looks wonderful!  Would you mind sharing the recipe for the crust?  We
also tried to make freestanding pastry containers for our last feast and
they turned out much the same as you describe your first attempt -  ie
they self destructed (which is why I ended up using way more paper mache
than I had originally intended).

Faerisa