[Sca-cooks] Need some Help with Spanish Recipes....

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Tue Feb 24 18:59:18 PST 2004

Ok not fully Spanish but sort of.
Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am looking to see if anyone has already redacted any of these recipes
and what your interpretation on them was....

We are using 2 cookbooks (sort of) from late period for an upcoming
feast and I was curious if any of you folks had tried the recipes yet?

First Cookbook is "The Libre del Coch" by Ruperto de Nola
which I will now call "de Nola"
and "The Manual de Mujeres" by Anonymous
which I will call "MdM".
So here come the recipe titles and the corresponding numbers from the
interpretation that I have which is from the Floreligium.  I eagerly
await your wise words of wisdom.

Figs in a French Manner  de Nola 131
Dobladura of Mutton       de Nola 110
Pottage of Onions that is called Cebollada   de Nola 46
Rice with Meat Broth       de Nola 57  Just any tips on this one it is
fairly self explanatory....
Pottage called Morteruelo de Nola 27
Pottage which is called Nerricoque  de Nola 62
Meat Casserole                 de Nola 124
Thin sauce from the juice of sour pomegranates  de Nola 77
Armored Hen                    de Nola 33
Pottage of Noodles            de Nola 59
Modern Pottage                 de Nola  84
Moorish Gourds                 de Nola 55
Gourds in Another Way      de Nola 56
Fleshy Leaves of Cabbage  de Nola 121
Arugula in a Good Manner   de Nola 151
Another Good Arugula to be made Swiftly  de Nola 152
Chopped Spinach                 de Nola 86
Oranges of Xativa which are Cheesecakes     de Nola 133
Aple Dish                              de Nola 16

Royal Acaravias                    MdM
Peaches in Sugar                    MdM

Finally I need a recipe for Sugar Plate.

Thanks to all who can help me out
Ld Nichola