[Sca-cooks] sausage can be fun...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Feb 3 05:16:33 PST 2004

There are a couple of local butchers from whom I've bought casings--one,
Diamond Bar Meats just does meat (duh! <g>), while the other is located
in the meat section at a local grocery store.
Dunno if the casings would be affected by any regulations on beef
innards, since they're pork.
I've made sausage for feasts several times (or, more accurately, handed
the ingredients to my kitchen staff and said "go for it"), but never
more that 30 or so pounds at a time.  I use an electric sausage maker I
inherited from my dad, who loved to buy kitchen gadgets for my mom, who
loved him, but hated the gadgets ;o)
--maire