[Sca-cooks] sausage can be fun...

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 3 07:38:01 PST 2004

We were shopping at Bass Pro Shops recently (if you haven't seen one, it's
worth the trip just for the experience, you don't see rock climing towers in
many retail stores), and spending a fair amount of time in the cooking
section.  Oooh, I could do a lot of damage in there.  As it was, I bought
myself a set of four stainless stock pots (8,12, 16, and 20 qt) for 30
bucks.  But I digress.  They had a large meat processing section, along with
dehydrators, vacuum sealers, and packaging supplies, they have a large
selection of sausage making equipment.  I found the sausage casings hanging
on a rack, made from 'collagen'.  They were available in various sizes, not
refrigerated or water-packed, just long tubes of casings in a plastic pack
on a hanger.  I had to wonder what the actual content of these things were,
anyone ever play with them?
Christianna