[Sca-cooks] Looking for suggestions...

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Tue Feb 10 21:19:49 PST 2004

And the winner is....

Creative Stir Fry.

What happened, all, is that we had the boneless, skinless chicken thighs
available for dinner. They're simply not something I buy- if I want boneless
skinless chicken, I start out with a chicken and rearrange its anatomy to
suit myself, whereas Rob's default chicken recipes are either breaded and
fried as tenders, or doused in his Italian salad dressing, wrapped in foil,
and popped in the oven.

Good as both are, I get tired of that- besides, with Margali gone, I can
catch up on my spicy foods. She said as she left, that Rob and I could burn
and carb ourselves to death ;-)

So, getting the suggestions, I had first thought of chicken curry, and then
when Andrea suggested Chicken Paprikash, I thought that sounded awfully
good, when scrounging through the spices, and found everything but paprika.
Well, that wasn't going to work....

Next thought was a curry, nd lo and behold, neither coconut milk nor yogurt.

Back to the drawing board.

Well, I had rice- Rob gets it for me in 20 lb bags, chicken, of course,
celery, onions, raisins- yeah, that would work....

Made the rice, sticky style- like it best that way.

Got out the wok, hit it with olive oil (that being the default fat around
here) and dissolved the red Thai curry paste. Added the chicken and browned
it, then added garlic powder and Mrs Dash, the onions, the celery and the
raisins, covered it, and let it simmer a bit. Added a double dash of Omigawd
soy sauce and Omi plum vinegar, let it simmer a bit more. Served it over
rice.

Dunno what I made, folks, but it was very, very good. Enough heat to warm me
on a chilly evening, and flavor and texture well worth the effort.

Maybe there's a use for those pre-prepped chicken bits after all.....

Saint Phlip,
CoDoLDS

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.