[Sca-cooks] OOP? Raw meat...

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Feb 12 11:14:18 PST 2004

--On Thursday, February 12, 2004 1:47 PM -0500 "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus
Adamantius" <adamantius.magister at verizon.net> wrote:

> While you may not have experienced it, I think it's pretty hard to deny
> that some German people (and others) did (and possibly still do) this.
> What I'm really wondering is if this was ever, at any time, a
> culture-crossing phenomenon, or regarded as an American thing.

i seem to recall long ago my irish father occasionally having a raw burger
meat sandwich and my hungarian mother being slightly appalled.   said it
would give him worms.  but that was more sneakin' a snack when she was
prepping stuff rather than seeking it out.

cailte

''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions