[Sca-cooks] OOP? Raw meat...

Debra Tonjes dethriel at comcast.net
Thu Feb 12 11:34:24 PST 2004

I have strong memories of my Mother(German-Dutch, 2nd gen Am), snagging bits
of raw chopped beef as she made burgers, or meatloaf.  She often had this
after the meat had been mixed with chopped onions....

I remember my Grandfather(her Father) doing this as well....

She was rasied in Brooklyn, in a German neighbourhood....1930's -1955...

Thankfully, that was one food I never acquired a taste for...*shudders at
the memory*

Now...I find myself missing *real* bagels with cream cheese and lox on
Sundays....damned if I can find *real* bagels in my part of Montgomery Co,
Pa!

Or, for that matter, a Pizza place!

Sad to think that my Husbands Pizza cravings will only be satisfied on
return trips to Long Island...along with my bagel cravings...

Althea