[Sca-cooks] prickly pear fruit

vicki shaw vhsjvs at gis.net
Sat Feb 14 04:54:56 PST 2004

That would certainly enable one then to strain out the pips.  Never heard of
those preparations, but sounds good!  By the way, the time I overate the
pears was when I was in Israel, two years after leaving Morocco, and spotted
a vendor with his cart and was so excited to see them again, that I forgot
reason and moderation and just had one after another.
They can be full of the little pricks, many invisible and a nightmare to
remove once they get under your skin, but the ones in the markets have
always been cleaned quite well on the outside, so I have never got stabbed
since Morocco.  In Morocco, the vendor takes care of cutting and peeling
away the skin, so that all u have to do is lift away the fruit and eat it
while he prepares the next.....

Angharad ferch Iorwerth; MKA Vicki Shaw
Barony Beyond the Mountain
East Kingdom