[Sca-cooks] spices for feasts

caointiarn caointiarn1 at juno.com
Mon Feb 16 15:01:05 PST 2004

Pani Jadwiga wrote:
> I spent Valentine's day shopping for my feast; <> we went to Shady Maple
in East Earl and <> bought the bulk herbs and spices. <

        I have a question.  But first my explanation.  When getting
groceries for a feast,  I usually just use what spices I have in my kitchen,
or purchase what I think I'll need from my own pocket.  I figure what small
amounts I use aren't that expensive, I know how fresh they are, and if I do
use a whole purchased quantity I can then add it to my budget. If there are
leftovers, by buying the spices & herbs myself, I keep it.   How do other
cooks handle this?

Caointiarn