[Sca-cooks] spices for feasts

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Mon Feb 16 16:41:16 PST 2004

I'm lucky to have a natural foods store close by, where I can get small
quantities of spices from the bulk bins. So I calculate how much I'll need
and buy it fresh, paying out of the feast budget. (If it's just a teaspoon
or so of something, yes, I generally just use what I already have on hand.)
There usually isn't much left over this way, but if there is I keep the
leftovers since they won't keep until the next event and there's no telling
what spices the next cook will need anyway.

Cynara