[Sca-cooks] Scottish Eggs revisited

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 17 11:38:57 PST 2004

The steps that seem to be left out by most folks is re-dipping in the egg
wash on every level.  Dip the hard boiled egg in the egg wash before you
apply the sausage layer and it will stick together.  Apply egg wash on the
outside and then roll the whole thing in bread crumbs for a consistant
coating, which I would think could help keep them from cracking as well.
Christianna

Greetings,

I made Scottish Eggs, for the first time, last week for Estrella War.  They
were very well received and very convenient, as they are a nice food to
prepare
ahead and pack in the cooler.  However, the sausage coating on the egg had a
tendency to crack, and I realized the subject had been discussed on this
list
in the past.  I don't recall the preferred remedy.  Was it baking them
rather
than frying, or was it, perhaps, freezing them a bit first?

Beathog