[Sca-cooks] Scottish Eggs revisited

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 11:50:38 PST 2004

Beathog wrote:

>I dusted the hard boiled egg in flour, coated it with the sausage, dipped it
>in an egg wash and finally in bread crumbs.  Still, they cracked.
>
>Beathog

Hmm.  Maybe the sausage layer was not thick enough? I use a 12-ounce
chub of breakfast sausage for four eggs.
I also deep-fry them for an even exterior treatment.

My low-carb version, which nobody seems to have noticed yet, was to
substitute a mixture of half soy flour and half wheat bran for the
breadcrumb exterior.  Browns up nicely and supplies some fiber, a Good
Thing when living la vida lo-carb!

Selene, Scotch Egg Veteran