[Sca-cooks] Atkins, since it came up...

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 18:27:54 PST 2004

In a message dated 2/17/04 1:22:59 PM, rtanhil at fast.net writes:

> CNN ran an article (in their Law News archives) that the Atkins widow is
> suing a few people/organizations for releasing medical information to the
> media. The widow has attributed his pre-death weight gain to water
> retention.

In a message dated 2/17/04 1:22:59 PM, rtanhil at fast.net writes:

> CNN ran an article (in their Law News archives) that the Atkins widow is
> suing a few people/organizations for releasing medical information to the
> media. The widow has attributed his pre-death weight gain to water
> retention.

What surprises me that in light of the new Health Information Privacy and
Protection Act, (HIPPA)
that this even got out to us. I hope the widow sues the pants off the agency
that released it. It's none of our business.

Just goes to show you.... I can't even get a radiology report that my doctor
wrote a prescription for without jumping through hoops... but then I'm not
famous(...yet....)

Obligatory food content: Made a lovely Lamb curry (with purple topped turnips
and onions) for dinner tonight. Discovered that my Indian food techniques are
growing...Alleviates the boredom of no rice, pasta, or potatoes....

Andrea

"Noncooks think it's silly to invest two hours' work in two minutes'
enjoyment; but if cooking is evanescent, so is the ballet."
Julia Child