[Sca-cooks] Damascus Question

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 09:11:26 PST 2004

I don't know about this particular brand, but in most lines of knives,
the Santuko and chef's knives are shaped differently. The chef's knife
is pretty much curved on both sides to a point, the lower curve (sharp
side) being greater than the upper. On the other hand, the Santuko has a
relatively straight cutting edge, and the upper side runs straight to
within an inch or so of the end, then curves down sharply to meet the
cutting edge. Compare
http://www.chefscatalog.com/store/catalog/catM5.jhtml?itemId=cat000187&parentId=cat000181&masterId=cat000180
(Santoku) to
http://www.chefscatalog.com/store/catalog/catM5.jhtml?itemId=cat000186&parentId=cat000181&masterId=cat000180&cmCat=
(Chefs).

Kiri

--
Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to knowledge
and wisdom to curiosity.