[Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Feb 27 09:01:52 PST 2004

> But rosemary is primarily started from a growth, not a seed.  I am not sure
> I have ever seen rosemary seeds.  I've certainly never seen seeds on the
> plants and the oldest rosemary hedge I have known was well over 20 years
> old!

Rosemary is quite picky about when it will flower, and even pickier about
setting seeds; the seeds also germinate poorly. But it does come true from
seed; it's just a lot easier to grow from slips.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"...for you are one / Of the time-sifted few that leave the world,
When they are gone, not the same place it was. / Mark what you leave."
-- Edwin Arlington Robinson, _Tristram_