[Sca-cooks] bananas are herbs?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 14:33:40 PST 2004

I wish someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong about growing it.  I
have tried to get it started outside, inside, in a pot...you get the
point.  And every time, the bloody stuff dies on me.  I'm going to try
one more time this spring.  I hae a friend who has a rosemary bush and
she's going to give me a piece of that one.  I figure if hers is grown
in the same county, maybe it stands a chance of growing here.

Kiri

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

>>But rosemary is primarily started from a growth, not a seed.  I am not sure
>>I have ever seen rosemary seeds.  I've certainly never seen seeds on the
>>plants and the oldest rosemary hedge I have known was well over 20 years
>>old!
>>

>Rosemary is quite picky about when it will flower, and even pickier about
>setting seeds; the seeds also germinate poorly. But it does come true from
>seed; it's just a lot easier to grow from slips.
>
>-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
>"...for you are one / Of the time-sifted few that leave the world,
>When they are gone, not the same place it was. / Mark what you leave."
>-- Edwin Arlington Robinson, _Tristram_

Learning is a lifetime journey...growing older merely adds experience to knowledge
and wisdom to curiosity.
					-- C.E. Lawrence